Thursday, January 21, 2010

Interview - Elizabeth

Why have you chosen this course, this university and/or this program?
I am working on my Masters in Education and my E-Learning and Online Teaching Certificate. I chose UW-Stout because both of these programs were online. I feel that when learning to teach online classes it is important to be an online student first.
Tell me about your background, experiences, and/or skills.
I am a Substitute Teacher, mainly at the elementary school level. I am married with three children.
What do you expect from this course?
I want to learn all that I can about assessment in e-learning. I am hoping this course is geared towards people of all technical ability.
What is one thing we might never have guessed about you?
I get test anxiety. I am hoping that by learning different ways to assess knowledge, I can help other students who also have this. It is frustrating to know the material, but get so worried about getting everything right that I forget it. I find this especially true when tests are worth a big percentage of the grade in a class.
Who is that special someone, thing or event that you cherish and would never want to give up?
I take my kids on a yearly vacation to the WI Dells. We really enjoy the water parks and rollercoasters. (Maybe I should say that they take me there).

No comments:

Post a Comment